PC: Re: PC engines in pre-PC paint

On April 1, 1976, Conrail's Birthday, I think I saw a NYC GP-40.  I was
riding on Interstate 90 past the ex-NYC West Albany Yard.  I was only 15 at
the time but thought I saw a New York Central painted GP-40.

I don't know if anyone can confirm this sighting, but perhaps someone might
know if this was possible.  Were there any pre-Penn Central painted engines
that made it to Conrail?  I know there was a push after the bankruptcy to
paint everything in a common identity.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index