PC: Admin--new web site material

Quick note to inform you that I have updated the Penn Central Railroad
Home Page with a new set of track diagrams that show interlockings
along the former PRR Lincoln Yard Branch from Toledo, Ohio, to
Detroit, Michigan. These are available in the Maps section. Also, one
new photo was added in the Photo Gallery in the Miscellaneous section.

BTW, tonight I updated to Netscape Communicator 4.01. I used to use
Navigator Gold 3.01 to write my web pages in, and it was usually OK,
except I would clean them up manually before uploading them so that
they would pass the HTML validation. Tonight I tried to use Netscape
Composer (part of Communicator) to edit the main PC index page, and
it completely ruined it. All the formatting breaks were stripped out.
Composer is a piece of trash. If anyone out there writes their own web
pages (using an editor, not by hand) and likes the tool they use, please
let me know privately (i.e., don't reply to the list). Or if you have
a good way to generate pages automatically from a database or text file,
let me know. The thought of editing my growing web site by hand is not
a pleasant one.....

Thanx,
-Jer

--
Jerry W. Jordak               The boxcars and flatbeds, whistle blowin' steam
mailto:jer@smellycat.com      That was yesterday

Home | Main Index | Thread Index