[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: PC: What if?
- Subject: RE: PC: What if?
- From: "William Gripp (908) 704-4256" <GRIPPW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 21:04:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-recipients: prohibited
- Importance: normal
- Mr-received: by mta ALLOY.MUAS; Relayed; Thu, 01 May 1997 21:04:35 -0400
- Mr-received: by mta GENSYS; Relayed; Thu, 01 May 1997 21:04:37 -0400
- Priority: normal
- Sensitivity: Company-Confidential
- Ua-content-id: 11B50D441F00
>What's your thoughts?
You asked for it...
>New Haven was placed in trust with the Erie Lackawanna and not with Penn
>Central? New Haven was a major interchange partner with EL.
Or more like, what if the NH had merged with the NYO&W which they controlled
when it was abandoned?
>The LV could have possibly merged with NW (ex-Nickel Plate) along with a
>merger of Reading with B&O/WM.
The Reading and CNJ were slated for inclusion in Chessie System (B&O owned
the Reading which owned the CNJ)) but Chessie didn't want to assume the
massive debt that Reading and CNJ had developed by the time ConRail was
Main Index |