PC: Re: Railfanning CR/LEF&C

----------
> Geez, I thought I was the only one who knew about the LEF&C.  I lived in
> Clarion for a few years  and a few summers (mid to late 1970s) in Clarion

> and actually walked the entire (15-mile) line. Haven't been back in a
while,
>  but I guess the while thing is gone now.

George,  my sister just graduated from Clarion Univ. last summer so I
visited Clarion quite recently.

Yes, the entire line, Summerville to Clarion has been removed.  I believe
there last year of operation was 1993 or so.

On occassion I see a former piece of LEF&C rolling stock running around.
Last summer I saw an ex-LEF hoppers on UP in Columbus, NE of all places.
About two months ago I saw a former LEF&C box car on CSX here in the
Detroit area.  There is an LEF&C wood caboose just south of Clarion being
used as a chamber of commerce type office, next to the Holiday Inn.

During our Dec. visit found that the Clarion Model RR Club is building an
HO scale layout depicting the LEF&C line.

Jeff

Home | Main Index | Thread Index