Penn Central Model Decals
Here are listings of some available decals for Penn Central modelers. This is not a comprehensive list, but if you would like to help me make it so, please let me know about any decals not listed here.
FL9, H43, and Flexi-Flo decals from Highball Graphics
Highball Graphics makes decals for NYC/PC Flexi-Flo hopper cars in HO scale. The set is number F-113 and can be seen here. They also make sets in HO and O for H43 hoppers and in HO for blue-and-yellow FL9s in the MTA paint scheme. Their PC offerings can be found here.
Budd RDC decals from SMP
SMP Industries offers decals for decorating NYC and PC Budd RDC cars. The set number is 7093.
PC and predecessor decals from Central Decals
The PC Mailing List's own Jim Kosty and his firm, Central Decals, are offering decal sets of Penn Central, PRR, and NYC equipment that are not available from any other source. A complete listing is available here.
More new Microscale decals
From the current Microscale on-line catalog, here are some new PC boxcar decal sets that Microscale plans to release in the future. Set 87-1094 is available now.
87-1098 Penn Central (PC) Box Car - Esoterica - Black Lettering - TOC & P&E Lettering 1968-76 87-1097 Penn Central (PC) Box Car - Hi-Cube - 86' 1968-76 87-1095 Penn Central (PC) Box Car - New York Central style numbers 1968-76 87-1096 Penn Central (PC) Box Car - Penn Central style numbers 1968-76 87-1094 Penn Central (PC) Box Car - Pennsylvania style numbers 1968-76
HO scale specialty decals
Martin Kaufman has released decal sheets with black lettering for PC MOW gondolas. Other decal sheets are also in the works and will be available shortly. Scans of the sheets will be posted here soon. For more info, contact him at email@example.com.
More specialized PC decals
Jim Homoki offers several specialized sets of HO decals. Set HO-1 is available in black or white, and inludes a variety of PC reporting marks, along with full width PC style numbers in solid and stenciled styles . Set HO-2 consists of medium and narrow width numbers suitable for a variety of freight cars. Contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and prices.
Microscale releases new decals
Microscale Decals has revised many of their Penn Central decal sets, and now includes the Penn Central Railroad Home Page's web site address on their instruction sheets!
- #84 is for diesel locomotives (revised)
- #1094 is for boxcars with PRR style numbers
- #1095 is for boxcars with NYC style numbers
- #1096 is for boxcars with PC style numbers
- #1097 is for 86' boxcars
- #1098 is black lettering and P&E/TOC
Add prefix 87- for HO and 60- for N scale. Only #84 and #1094 are available so far. Terry Link
New decals from Champ
Information on Penn Central decals from Champion Decals Company:
- Auto Rack, "Deep Water Green" car, all white lettering. HO Not Available, order CN-655 for O Scale
- Box Car, 40' and 50' green car, original jumbo PC emblem, circa 1968. HO Not Available, OB-388 for O Scale
- Caboose, green car, white lettering. HO Not Available, Order CN-475 for O Scale
- Caboose, white lettering for Deep Water Green car with bay window. HO Not Available, Order CN-479 for O Scale
- Diesel - Hood, all white lettering for black locos. Order EH-205 for HO Scale, E-205 for O Scale
- Electric, white lettering. Order EH-230 for HO Scale, O Scale Not Available
- Flat Car, for Green car. HO Scale Not Available, Order CN-295 for O Scale
- Gondola - Long, green car, lettering and herald white. HO Not Available, OG-130 for O Scale
- Hopper - Covered, Jumbo, gray car, lettering and herald in black. HO Not Available, CN-486 for O Scale
- Hy-Cube - 86' auto parts car, original jumbo PC emblem. HO Not Available, order OB-390 for O Scale
- Passenger, white heralds for painted cars. HO Not Available, P-131 for O Scale
- Passenger, black heralds for stainless steel cars. HO Not Available, Order P-133 for O Scale
Greg Komar offers PC dry transfer lettering
Greg Komar offers the following Penn Central dry transfer lettering set:
Penn Central - 3-Bay Hopper, Class H43, A, B, & C. Series #472000-479450. White Lettering & Herald On Black Car. (HO Set Fits Walthers Hopper Car) HO sets are $4.95 O scale sets are $7.95. Add $3.00 Shipping & Handling Per Order If Within The U.S. & Canada, $5.00 elsewhere.
For those unfamiliar with Greg Komar's lettering sets, these are rub on dry transfers, not wet decals. He has started selling to dealers, so you might be able to get these at your local dealer. Also stated on this listing is that he will custom print any set onto regular Microscale decal film for those that prefer that method. Greg can be reached at:
Greg Komar Po Box 340871 Tampa, Fl 33694-0871 Email: email@example.com